Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Frozen Cranberry Banana Salads

My cousin Kim gave me this recipe and I KNEW I had to make this. It was a great accompaniment to Thanksgiving, and the morning after and the afternoon after.....really! These are THAT good. I think I got 32 of these out of this batch.  I tasted as I mixed this up and didn't need the sugar.

Frozen Cranberry Banana Salads
Kim Anderson

1 lg can (20 oz) well drained crushed pineapple
1 pint sour cream
1- 9 ounce cool whip
4 mashed bananas
1/2 cup sugar (Beth didn't use)
1 cup nuts (optional)
2 cans WHOLE cranberry sauce (mash with potato masher)

Mix all ingredients well and spoon into cupcake papers placed in a muffin pan. Freeze. When frozen, remove from muffin pan, leaving them in their papers until time to serve and place in Ziploc bags. Keep frozen.

1 comment:

  1. What an innovative way to eat a "fruit salad"! I think this is a fusion way of eating a fruit salad in a smoothies way.

    I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete