Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cranberry Meatballs

I made this recipe, but only made one pound of meatballs. They nearly drowned in the sauce! I had some jalapeno sausage that I cut into chunks and added to the crockpot. Don really liked it. Can be a main meal or used as an appetizer. I don't remember where I found this recipe--somewhere on the internet.

Cranberry Meatballs

Make your meatballs like you normally would with whatever recipe you have. But make sure they are baked or fried before adding the following mixture to them. Or you can buy already made meatballs and use them in the following recipe. If I am using the frozen meatballs, I do not thaw them. I place them in the roaster or slowcooker and add the following sauce and let them cook.

In a separate bowl combine

l lb. cranberry sauce, jellied or whole berry
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
12 oz. chili sauce
l Tbsp lemon juice.

Blend together.

Then stir in the meatballs to coat.  Use at least 3 # of meatballs or add sausage

Place meatballs and sauce in the slowcooker and bake for one hour or longer depending on the amount of meatballs. You can place the sauce and meatballs in a roaster or casserole dish with a lid. Bake at 350 for one hour. Either way stir your meatballs and sauce to evenly coat everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment