Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crock pot Cajun Cabbage

I saw this recipe and knew we would like it here at our house. I cooked the meats the night before and I put it on just before we left for church and it cooked 4 ish hours on low. Next time I will cook it at least 5-5 1/2 hours so the cabbage wilts a bit more. I sent some to a friends house and she and her husband both loved it.

Crock pot Cajun Cabbage
Crockin’girls on facebook
Cabbage, one head, chopped (not too small)
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 lb. ground sausage, browned and drained
1 large onion chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Ro-Tel
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
Layer in crock pot cabbage, ground beef, ground sausage, onion, diced tomatoes, and Ro-Tel. Cook for 4 hours on low or until cabbage is tender; then stir ingredients together and sprinkle shredded cheese over top. Replace lid and continue cooking until the cheese has melted.
Sever with piping hot cornbread.

1 comment: