Monday, August 6, 2012

Cindy Halle's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My friend Cindy makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookies. They take me back to college days at Olivet and their great cookies. These taste JUST like them. I found out that it works best to not have 2 pans in the oven at the same time. They just don't turn out like Cindy's unless it is one pan at a time. You will need to take them out when they still look under done---really!

Cindy Halle’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. butter, at room temperature (I do not use margarine)
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts
12 oz. chocolate chips (I do this more by look and I used the mini chips)

Heat oven to 375°. Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart. Bake 8 to 10 Minutes (I bake mine until they are lightly brown around the edges and still look a little doughy in the middle). Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet--about 2 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth!I just wanted to say that I enjoy your blog and thanks for the good work, I got the fun opportunity to award 15 bloggers with the Versatile Award and I wanted to pass it on to you! Thanks and congrats, check out the post here!
    http://favoritefamilyfoods.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/an-award-zucchini-fries/

    ReplyDelete