Sunday, August 11, 2013

Airy Queso Fresco Biscuits

I had bought some queso fresco cheese for a recipe and then didn't remember what recipe I was going to make.  I sure hope I am not the only one who does this kind of thing!  I googled  and found this recipe.  These turned out like pop overs.  Make sure you use only olive oil or they won't turn out.  Queso Fresco reminds me a lot of mozzarella cheese and may be found in the Mexican section of your grocery store.
Airy Queso Fresco Biscuits


1 C all-purpose flour

1 1/4 C milk

1 C queso fresco

1 egg (at room temperature)

1/2 t salt

1/3 C extra virgin olive oil

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  This is one of my favorite types of recipes–the blender kind.  So easy!  Combine all the above ingredients in a blender and blend for a few minutes until super smooth.

It should look thick and creamy.

Divide the batter into well-greased muffin tins–the original recipe claimed it only made six biscuits, but I had more than enough for nine–filled to the top.

Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are a nice deep golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment