Thursday, November 21, 2013

Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup

I had some mushrooms that I needed to use up and this recipe fit the bill. I used this in the recipe I will post tomorrow, Pepsi Pork Roast with Gravy.  I made this in a 2 cup glass measuring cup.

Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com


2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
Pinch of sugar
8-ounces 2% evaporated milk
Handful (approx. 3/4 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced

1. Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.

2. Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment