Friday, November 29, 2013

Crock Pot Trail Mix

I saw this recipe and knew I had all the ingredients to make this.  It was very easy to put together and tasted great!
Crock Pot Trail Mix


2 cups mixed nuts
1 cup coconut chips or flakes
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
½ cup raisins
½ cup chocolate chips or M & M’s

1. Combine nuts, coconut, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small crock (I use my 2 quart for nuts).
2. Lay butter pieces on top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Stir. Cover and cook 30 more minutes on HIGH.**Check this every 10 minutes--stirring.  Mine started to burn and I should have turned it down to low.
4. Stir and pour out onto wax paper to cool.
5. Break into pieces.
6. Stir in raisins and chocolate.
7. Store in airtight container.
 Yield: about 4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment