Monday, September 15, 2014

Cumin Roasted Carrots

It's Jenna again! I was in the mood for some roasted carrots (I know, it was a weird craving!). I found this recipe on Pinterest, but I adapted it a little since I didn't have all the ingredients. It was delicious and I will be making more soon. I added a few notes in bold below! 

Cumin Roasted Carrots

http://blog.cleanprogram.com/cumin-roasted-carrots/


serves 2-4
prep time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes

1 pound carrots (try to choose ones that are roughly the same size)
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil *Jenna used Olive Oil
1 tablespoon coconut palm nectar (omit for Gut Cleanse) *Jenna left this out
2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin (powder)
1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds 
¼ teaspoon chipotle powder 
2 teaspoons sea salt *Jenna used Eva's Salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Garnish
mint leaves *Jenna Left this out!
juice and zest of 1/2 lime

Preheat the oven to 375°F
Slice carrots and grind spices.
Toss the the carrots with the coconut or olive oil, lime juice and zest (Jenna used the lime and zest before baking, as well as a little lime juice as they came out of the oven), nectar (if using) and spices.
Transfer to a baking dish and roast for about 30 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
Sprinkle with the mint leaves, lime juice and zest, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment